Saturday, March 15, 2014

Xero-J Graphic Designs Showcase #1 (3/15/14)

Xero-J Graphic Designs Showcase #1 (3/15/14)
In an attempt to garner more attention for my artwork in yet another field of the internet, I've decided to post a new feature to this blog:
The Showcase, in which I show off a selection of my work from the past few weeks, along with an exclusive to this blog: preview sketches of future drawings and projects to come!

For the sake of convenience, each of the finished images you see below also lead to their respective deviantART page when clicked on, so you can see what other people have to say about it (or if no-one has said anything about it, chime in yourself!)

I've never been one to waste more time than necessary, so let's get started!

This Entry's Features


VS. Universe Act IV and Profiles

VSU Chapter 1 Page 41 by Xero-J VS. Universe Profile: Raleno Cinoten by Xero-J VS. Universe Profile: Sonic the Hedgehog by Xero-J VS. Universe Profile: Mario by Xero-J

The most recent entries into my crossover webcomic, VS. Universe, as well as a few bio pages featuring the first few main characters!

Charcoal Series
Charcoal Series :10/10: by Xero-J Charcoal Series :9/10: by Xero-J

I'm no slouch when it comes to traditional art skills either, as evidenced by my original charcoal artwork pieces I did back in college days long past. These were drawn as part of class assignments at first, but I still retain the skills to really pull off charcoal if I ever have to again...

Snow Angel of Arendelle
Snow Angel of Arendelle by Xero-J

A rather flattering depiction of Queen Elsa from the most recent Disney Animated Canon movie, Frozen! This was drawn in commemoration of the movie earning two Oscar awards, one for Best Animated Feature, and for Best Original Song... ("Let It Go" for those who are still curious)

That, and I really wanted to go absolutely nuts with the details on her dress...

DUBSTEP Cannon
Gunstar White: DUBSTEP Cannon by Xero-J

This was actually drawn back in January, but it's still significant to me for two reasons:

One, it doubles as a preview for a comic project I'll be starting in late 2014.

and Two; I love drawing big, flashy, ridiculous weapons and artillery, and a cannon that fires Dubstep music certainly fits in that category...

Mech Armor Lightning

Mech Armor Lightning :Contest Entry: by Xero-J
This last one, depicting a sort of cyber armor for Final Fantasy XIII's Lightning, was created as an entry for a outfit design modification contest being held by Square Enix and deviantArt for the launch of the game Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.

While I pretty much walked into that contest expecting to get beat by far superior artists out there (I didn't even break the top 50, for the record), the reason I joined up anyway was hearing that many of the submissions would end up being judged by one of Square Enix's top designers, Tetsuya Nomura! With even the slightest chance that my work would at least be seen by a big name like his, there was no way I wasn't at least going to try!

Sketch PreviewsThese previews don't have much in the way of descriptions just yet, but take them as a sign of what's to come in my work (usually, in that case, it'll show up on dA first, so if you don't already, keep an eye out there!)
The Durun Darklands by Xero-J

Paragon-R - Shining Armor by Xero-J

Xero-J Pterochainsaw Construct by Xero-J

__________

You can follow me (and my random thoughts) on such things as...

deviantArt! (my main site)
Twitter!
Facebook!
Pinterest!
LinkedIn!
Miiverse!

No comments:

Post a Comment